Hurry up and wait.
Well when we first got the diagnosis we were stunned to say the least. We pretty much thought, well lets get the port put in and get started. Then a retired Doctor at our church strongly suggested we get a 2nd opinion. So we contacted the MAYO clinic in Minnesota. However because computer upgrades they weren't able to take new patience for a week, so in the mean time we went ahead and had my port put in. Then there was a little miscommunication between Mercy hospital and Mayo. So they finally received my records on Wednesday, and they need 2-3 days to review them before can see, us so we are waiting. The one caveat is the representative on the phone said they are scheduling out to June. So we are waiting to hear from Mayo to see when they can see us, then we need to determine if we want to wait that long before we start treatment. Early on one of the doctors said, when we pressed him for time said, if we did nothing He thought it would be six months. So waiting a month or two is not something we are keen on. Because of this we are strongly thinking about contacting the Cancer Treatment Center in Chicago to see if the have a quicker turn around time. So that is where we are, hurry up and wait.