MyLifeLine.org Terms & Conditions
Updated: September 2022
The Cancer Support Community’s (CSC) Mylifeline.org (MLL) exists to connect cancer patients and caregivers with friends and family to reduce anxiety, stress, and isolation. Registration to join MLL is free and open to cancer patients and survivors, and their loved ones. By using the MLL platform, you agree to these Terms & Conditions.
The following information is required to register for MLL as a general member:
- An email address and/or phone number
- Postal code
General MLL Guidelines:
- By registering to join MLL, you agree not to post any content that is discriminatory, abusive, obscene, bullying, or illegal. Marketing, advertisements, and solicitation of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- By registering to join MLL, you agree that you are at least 18 years of age and fully responsible for the content that you post or make.
By registering to join MLL, you understand that MLL is not intended, nor equipped, to manage critical mental health crises which include, but are not limited to, a significant mental health challenge.
- The possibility exists that a member may present with either a significant mental health challenge or threat of harm to themselves or others
- Appropriate referrals and notifications will be made if a member expresses intent to harm themselves or others, including notifying authorities.
- If you are thinking about suicide, please call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) for immediate treatment. In case of an emergency, dial 911.
- If you are NOT experiencing a critical health crisis and you would like more support and/or resources, please call our Helpline at 888-793-9355.
Should you violate or allow another person to use your account to violate any of the following rules, CSC reserves the right to remove you from MLL:
- Content that is defamatory, libelous, unnecessarily antagonistic, or an invasion of privacy or violation of the rights of another user, person, or party.
- Content that is obscene, abusive, harassing, threatening, off-topic, unintelligible, or inappropriate.
- Content in violation of local, state, United States or international law.
- Content promoting, soliciting for, advertising for, referring to, or hyperlinking to commercial products, programs, or services; including contests, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or commercial enterprises.
- Content that attempts to impersonate or fraudulently represent another user or person.
Technical support is available for MLL members Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone) at email@example.com or 888-234-2468. Members who contact technical support after hours will receive a response within 2 business days, accept holidays when the technical support line is closed.
The content shared on MLL private support websites and discussion boards solely express the views of the member and not the views of CSC; thereby, CSC is not responsible for the content of any post or message.
If you have questions about these terms and conditions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.